The Memorial Day holiday weekend is upon us, which means many of you and your families will likely be hitting the roads for a brief vacation. Others will be spending some quality at home relaxing. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy!
Following are some important items to consider before you get a condo insurance quote....
- Similar to a renters insurance policy in the fact that there may not be anybody requiring that you purchase insurance for your condo. However, as with all communal living, you can be greatly affected by the actions of others, which is why getting condo insurance should be a priority.
- Perils covered. What's covered? Who pays for a leak from the neighbor's unit above you?
- Dwelling coverage: different than dwelling coverage on a home (i.e. inside stud in?...unsure, check with your HOA). Generally, the building itself is insured by the HOA's policy.
- Other coverages: personal property, loss of use, liability, medical payments.
- Available endorsements: loss assessment, replacement cost for your contents, backup of sewer and drains.
- Discounts you may qualify for: living in a gated community, good loss history, security systems, auto/condo bundle, etc.
These are just a few items that should be addressed prior to buying condo insurance. Contact us today at www.InTouchInsurance.com or call us in Summerlin at 702-304-9998 or Silverado Ranch at 702-617-1870 if you have any questions about what coverage options might be right for you. From all of us at InTouch Insurance Centers, have a safe and enjoyable holiday weekend!