Here's a recap of our May 3rd show:
We reviewed the basic homeowners coverages:
- Dwelling - covers the structure itself.
- Other Structures - covers detached structures, such as sheds, etc.
- Personal Property - covers your furniture, clothing, electronics, etc.
- Loss of use - pays for temporary accomadations, if you are forced to relocate due to a covered cause of loss.
- Personal Liability - protects you if someone is injured on your property or if your dog bites someone, etc.
Save money on your homeowners by:
- Combining your homeowners insurance with your auto insurance.
- Increasing deductibles
- Protection - burglar alarm, monitoring, etc.
- Gated community
- No prior claims
- Good credit score
Earthquake and Flood are 2 major perils not covered by basic homeowners policy.
There is a lot more that we covered as well.
If you missed the show, you can download it here.